Dorman High School is a highly rated, public school located in Roebuck, SC. It has 2,522 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Dorman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A662 Students
- A500 Students
- B399 Students
- B+385 Students
- A-268 Students
- B+267 Students
- C+202 Students
- B-199 Students
- B186 Students
- B156 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.69 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.69 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 178 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.93 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
Schools like Dorman High School
- A-Spartanburg High School
- Spartanburg School District Seven, SC
- 380 reviews
- A-Riverside High School
- Greenville County School District, SC
- 287 reviews
- BBroome High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 3, SC
- 159 reviews
- B+Woodruff High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 4, SC
- 141 reviews
Dorman High School Reviews
Dorman High School is a phenomenal school. It has a diverse student body, so you are sure to find friends easily. The teachers are friendly and helpful. We have a large variety of academics to choose from, to include dual enrollment opportunities from our local colleges. Dorman offers many clubs and has lots of activities to get involved with from clubs to athletics. Our athletic teams are very successful and our students love being involved and cheering on their fellow classmates at various sporting events. Our facilities are some of the best in South Carolina! I am a proud student of Dorman High School.
I like Dorman High School because we’re one of the best high schools in South Carolina. We have the best staff and administrators hands down. We have one of the best facilities, and we are a big school with great protection for us. I like the way we have dual enrollment and AP classes because it helps us get ready for college and prepare for other things in our life. I would recommend anyone to enroll or attend Dorman High School as their high school it’s is a fun, safe , and most importantly the best high school EVER!
At Dorman High School, the diversity and academic readiness factors were uncanny. Graduating from one of the biggest high schools in South Carolina gave me such an advantage to be out in the community, journey outside my comfort zone, and really have the opportunity to appreciate the world and it's different cultures. The advantage of attending a school such as this gave me more opportunities for academics as well as social events. The range of students' capabilities academics were so wide spread, there was a class for every person on campus to succeed. The clubs were so inclusive and diverse as well, it really felt as though I was a part in a small community at a University rather than a high school!