Dorman High School is a highly rated, public school located in Roebuck, SC. It has 2,469 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Dorman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A624 Students
- A468 Students
- B-365 Students
- B+359 Students
- A-249 Students
- B+245 Students
- B-188 Students
- B-186 Students
- B175 Students
- B147 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 174 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.92 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.100 responses
Schools like Dorman High School
- A-Spartanburg High School
- Spartanburg School District Seven, SC
- 348 reviews
- A-Riverside High School
- Greenville County School District, SC
- 270 reviews
- BBroome High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 3, SC
- 152 reviews
- BWoodruff High School
- Spartanburg County School District No. 4, SC
- 132 reviews
Dorman High School Reviews
At Dorman High School, the diversity and academic readiness factors were uncanny. Graduating from one of the biggest high schools in South Carolina gave me such an advantage to be out in the community, journey outside my comfort zone, and really have the opportunity to appreciate the world and it's different cultures. The advantage of attending a school such as this gave me more opportunities for academics as well as social events. The range of students' capabilities academics were so wide spread, there was a class for every person on campus to succeed. The clubs were so inclusive and diverse as well, it really felt as though I was a part in a small community at a University rather than a high school!
I love Dorman because it is such a diverse school where everyone is open and friendly. Dorman has so many great opportunities to prepare for the real world. For example, the fine arts center is amazing! It gives actors a chance to work with amazing scenery. Also, Dorman students get the chance to do hands on activities at RDA, which offers opportunities for future engineers, cosmotoligists, and so much more. Even though there are so many students at Dorman, you build deep friendships and you learn how to connect and communicate with people. I love the falcuty because they want to see everyone suceed and they do their very best to help us. Dorman has opened my eyes to a lot of things and i am very proud to say that I attend Dorman. I will always be a cavalier!
I love Dorman! It's a great school they accept all the students for who they are. They also have a great guidance system, the guidance department is always on top of students to make sure they're achieving their full potential. Most of the teachers are very helpful and understanding their students. If there were one thing I would change it would be the organizations for each classes , they have lots of clubs and organizations, but I just wish it would be clubs for single grade levels to get a better bond with my graduating class.