Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Dora High School is a public school located in Dora, MO. It has 156 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Dora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+32 Students
- B25 Students
- A-18 Students
- A-16 Students
- B10 Students
- C+9 Students
- C8 Students
- B8 Students
- A-6 Students
- NG6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Dora High School Reviews
Dora High never really has a dull moment. I've always enjoyed being involved in all of the extracurricular activities, like playing sports or being in clubs like FFA, FBLA, FCCLA, Honors Program, BETA, A+ Program, and many others. I feel like because Dora is such a small school that there is a lot more of the 1-on-1 teacher/student relationship, which is a nice thing to have. This allows students and teachers to interact a little better and feel more comfortable in their learning environment. However, Dora is a very sport oriented school, with only a decent level of student "pep" or "spirit" to support the athletics. There are many students that are in many different clubs, but many of them don't really express much interest in actually being involved in them. There are ups and downs to this school, just as there are with any other high school. I've enjoyed my years here, but there are a few things I would change if I could, therefore my overall rating is a 3/5.
We have multiple clubs here. We have Beta, FFA, FCCLA, FBLA, Art, Music, Science, and Math clubs. Some people only committed to one club. Some were committed to all of them. FFA and FCCLA were the most popular clubs. The administration was only supportive of FFA or the sports players.
The high school principal does a horrible job. He lets ball players get away with whatever they have done wrong. Our counselor is wonderful. She has done a very good job. We a low tolerance for bullies. The dress code has caused multiple controversies but what dress code does not?