Donovan Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Donovan, IL. It has 101 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Donovan Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B10 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+6 Students
- B6 Students
- A+6 Students
- NG5 Students
- B4 Students
- B-3 Students
- B3 Students
- A+3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Donovan Senior High School
- B+Central High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 38 reviews
- B-South Newton Senior High School
- South Newton School Corporation, IN
- 27 reviews
- BWatseka Community High School
- Iroquois County Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- PK, 9-12
- 36 reviews
- CNorth Newton Junior/Senior High School
- North Newton School Corporation, IN
- 83 reviews
Donovan Senior High School Reviews
Overall, I have had a really good experience at this high school. I have been allowed to participate in all the clubs and organizations. Having these opportunities has helped me to establish who I am and what I believe in. I know what I love to do and I am able to take part in doing so at this school. The only improvement would have to be the need to keep teachers at the school. There have been far too many new teachers in the short period that I have been here.
Our extracurricular activities are very small in options. But, the school tries to do what it can with such a small amount of students and faculty. Our track team has been close to being cancelled due to the small amount interested, but the coach was able to convince enough for a group of 6 so that one student advanced to State two years ago. Sports and the musical takes up the majority of after-school practices throughout the year. The administration has always encouraged all of the organizations and clubs we have been able to participate in. If you can get enough students to have a club and and teacher, you are all set!
I like my school as a whole. There are less than 200 in the 7th-12th grade building, so it feels like a family. Like a family, it can be dis-functional with everyone knowing everyone else's lives, but most seem to try to help out each other. The only difficulty I have is the small amount of classes to choose from due to the reduced size of students in each class. I love the ability to really produce a relationship with my teachers though. I am the only student in my calculus class, and it's like I have a personal tutor! I would go her again in a heart beat!