Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Donna North High School is a public school located in Donna, TX. It has 2,180 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 23% in reading.
Donna North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B223 Students
- grade B minus190 Students
- grade A+114 Students
- grade A+111 Students
- grade B107 Students
- grade B82 Students
- grade A minus81 Students
- grade B+78 Students
- grade C+55 Students
- grade A44 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Spirit Week20%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,463 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Donna North High School
- grade CDonna High School
- Donna Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 202 reviews
- grade C+Progreso High School
- Progreso Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade C minusMonte Alto High School
- Monte Alto Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade CMercedes High School
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.45 out of 5 127 reviews
Donna North High School Reviews
Rating 4.09 out of 5 56 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My high school years passed in a blink of an eye. Throughout high school i lived and learned through my mistakes. I was always the kid that got good grades, but like any other human being I made mistakes. However, from them I learned to be a better human being for others and my self. Now, the teachers were also an important role to who I am today! They made sure I was on top of my game always, they never let me slack off. Which for that I’m truly grateful. The only thing I would change of my high school, is the discipline of incoming underclassmen. For some reason, now I’m days underclassmen tend to have no respect for others and one another, so that’s why I feel that discipline should be structured differently.
All my life I've lived in Donna, so when they built a new high school when I was a 7th grader, I was extremely excited. Being in this high school for 4 years now, it's the greatest school live been to. Donna North High School is a beautiful two story school that is incredibly huge. The teachers here are very helpful and provide their students with all the time possible. In the 4 years that I've been here, I have not had any problems with my teachers or students. Donna North High School also has great college classes that you can take advantage of! They're all classes from either The University of Texas at Austin or The University of the Rio Grande Valley.
Well, as an upcoming senior at Donna North High School, I don't regret attending this school. It has been an awesome experience, and for the past 3 years of attending this school, I had excellent teachers that have helped navigate my way in learning with the help of my classmates as well. Academic wise it is a good school, many say that is one of the worst schools, but if you are focused on your academics, they offer you to take Dual- Enrollment classes, both STC or Onramps. As a personal experience a person that was almost involved in everything, such as in Band, Golf, NHS, Dual-enrolment, Robotics. Yes! I was almost very involved and didn't leave school because of late practices every day, but I don't regret ever taking them, and if your like band you will have a blast.