Doniphan West Junior/Senior High School Reviews

My high school experience was a memorable one! While in high school I gained important skills and knowledge that have proven to be valuable in college. My high school gave me a good education and I made lasting memories and friendships.
For a school of our size, there are many opportunities for students to be involved in extracurriculars. Our FFA program is among the best and continually has students receive national recognition. We have two drama productions each year. We have chess club and FCCLA. Our journalism program received first place in state last year for 1A schools. Our principal encourages kids to be involved a be part of what is happening.
The teachers are highly qualified and are educated in their areas of expertise. The teachers have high expectations for all students and use many methods to reach all students. In our small school, it is difficult for a student to "fall through the cracks."
Start Your Review of Doniphan West Junior/Senior High School
I think students would appreciate more extracurricular options as well as more classes that suit more students' personal interest.
Our school thinks that they are very safe and always keep the doors locked and have security cameras, but it would still be easy for someone to break in.
Many teachers don't know a large amount about their job. The councilor doesn't even help students with getting ready for college, such as finding scholarships or helping us with applications. This is all left to one of math teachers at the high school.
I realize that living in a small town that it is difficult to find teachers of the best quality, but my school seems to hire the worst teachers they can find. There are many that are good, but there are twice as many that have no business being a teacher. If I was to do it all over again, I would definitely go somewhere else, probably a bigger school where there are more class options and the teachers are of a better quality.