Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Doniphan High School is a public school located in Doniphan, MO. It has 443 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Doniphan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C79 Students
- B48 Students
- B48 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-33 Students
- A19 Students
- A+16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Basketball games50%
- Bomb Threats25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Doniphan High School Reviews
I like the small classes and how they enable teachers to have an authentic relationship with their students. In my opinion, the best part is the very good vocational school building with excellent classes. The classes there teach you a lot and helps you get some real world experience with things ranging from radio work, welding, to health economics. With it being such a small school in a small town, there is not a lot of diversity which I wish could change. Another thing that could be better is college preparation in the early high school years.
Doniphan High School had some of the best teachers I've had the privilege of learning from. The now gone Mrs. Lebron, Mr. Brannum, and Mr. Lebron all helped me become an informed adult. Mr. Jones, the principal, does his absolute best to work with his faculty and staff and his students. He's patient, amiable, and wise. The only fault I can think of are the students, some of which can be unsavory. However, nothing so bad as to not attend Doniphan over.
I have attended Doniphan from pre-k to the 12th grade. While attending school for most kids is boring or they hate it,but my school was such a great place to be we all loved it. We have just brought back Football after 39 years of not having it and as a JV and V teams I have had the opportunity to play and I am actually now wanting to go to college and become NFL player or even a high school Football coach for my home town pride Doniphan high!!