Dolores High School is a public school located in Dolores, CO. It has 165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Dolores High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-33 Students
- A-29 Students
- C+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- A12 Students
- B12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B10 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Dolores High School Reviews
Dolores High School is a great school for students to learn and grow because of the dedication the teachers show their students. In this school, teachers help students with their academic needs by setting examples, giving out resources, and one-on-one tutoring. This school also provides students with afterschool sports that allow students to enjoy their time with other classmates and friends. However the one thing that can change from this school would be the lack of club activities. Which if there were any it would help the school prosper and have enthusiastic students. I can say students and alumni love Dolores High School.
I have always felt safe at Dolores High School. There are cameras around campus, connected to a computer in our main office that is monitored all day. Not much bullying happens, unless it is on social media or texting. We have lock down drills and fire drills pretty regularly to make sure students know what to do in case of an emergency. All outside doors are locked at all times. There is only one school nurse campus-wide, K-12, which is not very good. High school and middle school students have to walk all the way to the Elementary school to go see the nurse.
There is a large focus on athletics at Dolores High School. Multiple other extracurricular opportunities are available, but most of the support goes to sports. Parents do not get very into other clubs, and the administration doesn't give much support to clubs. All fundraising is done within the groups, and many of the groups are made up of the same few people. There are not very diverse options for groups, but the motivation for students to create their own clubs is not very high.