Dodgeville High School is an above average, public school located in Dodgeville, WI. It has 418 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Dodgeville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+54 Students
- B35 Students
- B32 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+20 Students
- B17 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+15 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Dodgeville High School
- BMineral Point High School
- Mineral Point Unified School District, WI
- 42 reviews
- B+River Valley High School
- River Valley School District, WI
- 32 reviews
- BIowa-Grant High School
- Iowa-Grant School District, WI
- 33 reviews
- B+Barneveld High School
- Barneveld School District, WI
- 10 reviews
Dodgeville High School Reviews
I would say that Dodgeville is a good school overall, with most teachers caring about the well-being of their students, and how their students perform in their classes. However, it is a high school, and comes with the average bullying, cyber-bullying, and bigoted school community members. Especially with being a small town, in sports, the last name of the player matters, and one student can go an entire game without playing because their family isn't native to the town, no matter how good of a player they are. The same applies to the drama department. Though they are more fair, certain students have built names for themselves based on their parents being friends with teachers. So, overall, Dodgeville High School is a good school, just sometimes has questionable morals.
Dodgeville high school focused on sports, to the detriment of other extracurriculars. Music programs, acting programs, and after-school clubs did not receive nearly as much attention or funding. This sports dominated culture also had a negative effect on the students. Students in sports were given preferential treatment, and many enjoyed relationships with teachers who were also coaches that were reflected in their grades and treatment in the classroom.
Going to school at Dodgeville High School for the past four years has been wonderful. The staff is amazing. They are all very familiar with each other, students, the town itself, and their course material. If you ever need anything, they are always available to help. The building itself is also magnificent. It was just recently remodeled in 2017. It has a modern, sophisticated, and mature flare that is perfect for the learning environment. I have been given so many opportunities at this school, and I guarantee others have, too.