Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Dodgeville High School is an above average, public school located in Dodgeville, WI. It has 425 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Dodgeville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+72 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade A minus36 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade A21 Students
- grade C+20 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade A14 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Pep rallies17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,242 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Dodgeville High School
- grade B+Mineral Point High School
- Mineral Point Unified School District, WI
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade B+River Valley High School
- River Valley School District, WI
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade B+Iowa-Grant High School
- Iowa-Grant School District, WI
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade B+Barneveld High School
- Barneveld School District, WI
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 10 reviews
Dodgeville High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 67 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I would say that Dodgeville is a good school overall, with most teachers caring about the well-being of their students, and how their students perform in their classes. However, it is a high school, and comes with the average bullying, cyber-bullying, and bigoted school community members. Especially with being a small town, in sports, the last name of the player matters, and one student can go an entire game without playing because their family isn't native to the town, no matter how good of a player they are. The same applies to the drama department. Though they are more fair, certain students have built names for themselves based on their parents being friends with teachers. So, overall, Dodgeville High School is a good school, just sometimes has questionable morals.
Going to Dodgeville gave me opportunities to grow, learn, and get prepared for college. However, the School itself can use a little improvement on how they handle things. The Administration was barely apart of any Student's lives and how they prepare you for college wasn't ideal as well. Overall, I enjoyed my time being here even if it was a bit of a pain.
Dodgeville High is a good school considering its location in a rural area. The majority staff tries as hard as they can to help students. Some people seem to not like "different" people, but that comes with all schools.