Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Dodge City High School is a public school located in Dodge City, KS. It has 2,000 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Dodge City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-283 Students
- B-221 Students
- A192 Students
- B149 Students
- A-117 Students
- B56 Students
- B51 Students
- B48 Students
- B+37 Students
- B+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Dodge City High School Reviews
Dodge City High School is a 6A school with almost 2,000 students. The school consists of 8 different hallways and is fully equipped with brand new science labs and athletic equipment. My time at the high school has been pretty good, I’ve made lots of memories with classmates along with my teachers. Dodge City High School is a great place to find exactly where you belong. The school has many different clubs ranging in variety along with all of our extracurricular activities. Dodge City High School is a great place for education and involvement.
They are very enthusiastic about school spirit and school events. They set up many opportunities with the community giving students connections they'll need after high school. The high school is also setting up a lot of virtual visits will surrounding colleges to make it easier for us to learn about our future schools. If it wasn’t for some restrictions, the school made to protect the student body from Covid-19 it would have been a five out of five reviews. Although I'm grateful for the lengths they're going to protect us it doesn't replace the club experiences I'm missing out in my last year of high school.
As a student at Dodge City High School, I feel that many of my experiences have given me a lot of helpful preparation going into college. I especially enjoyed several of my classes and there are countless opportunities to push yourself both academically and in extracurriculars. I do, however, feel that the school could do a better job of addressing mental health issues. I know they are making an effort by implementing the OP activities but I find them a bit cheesy and I think many kids do not take them seriously.