Doddridge County High School is a public school located in West Union, WV. It has 351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Doddridge County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-56 Students
- C+52 Students
- B-40 Students
- C28 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+13 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+8 Students
- C-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Doddridge County High School Reviews
My favorite aspects of Doddridge County High School would be sports and the level of connectivity. In each and every sport everyone enjoys themselves as they grow better mentally and physically. Each student works together very well as not only a team but as a massive family. At the same time, this is not a big school (less than 400 people), so everyone knows each other which makes it easier to get along with individuals and learn more about them. Unlike larger schools, in this high school students and faculty are fortunate enough to create unique relationships on more personal levels since there are less students to keep track of. If I had to see anything change about this high school, I would say it needs to be more college ready and actually enforce deadlines for assignments with follow up consequences if the deadline is not met.
Doddridge schools have wonderful teachers who try to do anything for their students. The curriculum is improving but still needs more diversity in electives. The arts are in need of more funding but the money isn't there. My favorite thing is marching and concert band, there is opportunity to learn and grow as an individual.
There were some teachers I had in high school who did everything they could to see me succeed, while there were others who did the bare minimum. The administration is a joke. Too political and not enough about education.