Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D minus
Doctors Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus224 Students
- grade B+167 Students
- grade A166 Students
- grade A162 Students
- grade A+147 Students
- grade A+134 Students
- grade C+123 Students
- grade A99 Students
- grade B93 Students
- grade B+85 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responses
- Pi Day25%
- The Last Day19%
- Homecoming/Prom/Other Dances18%
- Senior field trip11%
- Spirit Week9%
- School Picnic7%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,595 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses
Doctors Charter School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 178 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Both my sons attend/attended Doctors Charter School. They are both very different, and DCS was great for both! One is interested in clubs and activities and the other took advantage of the higher level academics that were available to him (Honors, AP, and Dual Enrollment classes). Both have had great experiences in and out of the classroom. They were able to play team sports, join clubs for their individual interests, participate in school fairs/shows, and traveled around the world through DCS Global Citizenship Group.
Doctor's Charter School is a small school, but with a big heart. I've experienced first-hand how children's issues (academics, social and emotional) easily get lost in the cracks in larger schools. However, this school is able to attend to the academic and social/emotional needs better than the larger schools. The administration is very professional and respectful and that can mean a lot for charter school employees with no union. Teachers and counselors also care a lot about the students and that sometimes takes precedence over other things a larger school can provide.
DCS is a caring grades 6-12 community of educators who consistently do what is best for children. The school sits on the edge of the Barry University campus and offers a true college preparatory experience for students as evidenced in its many dual enrollment courses at Barry University. The pandemic has been tough for all of us and the school has done a great job in transitioning students back to in-person learning, while following all CDC guidelines and sanitization protocols. It's the only high school within the village of Miami Shores and a great place to send your children.