Dobyns-Bennett High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-223 Students
- B-211 Students
- B-96 Students
- A+70 Students
- B64 Students
- B-44 Students
- B+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Dobyns-Bennett High School Reviews
Review Dobyns-Bennett High School
I think Dobyns Bennett is a really great school. It offers plenty of challenging courses and I feel well prepared for college. The teachers who teach honors and AP courses are extremely knowledgeable and respectable. DB offers many interesting and fun clubs, and the guidance office is a great source to find scholarships and volunteer opportunities. The students here are pretty diverse and come from many different backgrounds and ethnicities. One of the best things about DB is the hour lunch period called, "Tribe Time." Students can use Tribe Time to eat lunch, study, receive tutoring, do homework, participate in clubs, or just relax.
An overall view of Dobyns Bennett High school teachers can be easily described: only caring because their job depends on it. For several years I've experienced teachers laziness, complaining about their job, and "inspiring" their students into careers that are only advertised because the school needs the companies sponsorship. Needless to say, if I have to sit in another seminar about becoming an engineer because their world "needs more engineers", I will have an outburst of uninterested anger. The communication skills with teacher to student is quite impressive, every student has at least one teacher they can go to for anything. Although, many teachers are there to teach the lesson, complain when a student doesn't understand, and leave. Listening to their boss is far more important than the genuine care for their students. Although, there are a few teacher in acceptation to these statements. Speaking as a personal DB student, these few teachers have impacted me in a great deal, and also keep my hopes up for future generations entering this high school. If I were to have the choice to move schools, I'd kindly decline, because the school has so much to offer to students who want to build themselves. In conclusion I rate Dobyns Bennett as "It's okay" because of the lack of effort given by most teachers, but also having the positive inspiring teachers who enjoy and try their hardest.
Since my freshman year, I have been welcomed by people of all grades. My teachers have been more than helpful in all areas of study, and I feel completely prepared for college. I have been offered to take many AP and dual enrollment courses to prepare me for college, and I have taken the opportunities and ran with them. So far, because of the help from my teachers I have passed all of my AP and dual enrollment classes and exams. The way our day is scheduled, I am also offered an hour for lunch/tutoring which is beneficial to me because I can go and receive help while also eating my lunch for the day. If I could change one thing, I would change the personal teacher interactions. I value the relationships I have with my teachers, and I think that teachers should truly work harder at making strong relationships with their teachers.