Dobbs Ferry High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-48 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A34 Students
- A32 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Dobbs Ferry High School Reviews
Review Dobbs Ferry High School
Dobbs Ferry High School is a small but excellent school with an IB program. There are a lot of clubs and the athletics program is diverse and wonderful. The football team, that has a great cheerleading team, has just reached the play-offs again!
A pretty good (though very small) IB school with engaging teachers and an excited student body. The administration makes some strange budget choices, but the academics are good and the school itself is beautiful, with the hallways adorned with artwork from decades past. Great area, very safe and the school is a two-minute walk from downtown and Dobbs is only a short train ride away from NYC.
I think the guidance counselors are great helping students through the college process, and they are even adding a great new one! If students need to talk about personal problems they can go to the guidance office or a student psychologist. The principal is ok, 95% of the teachers are good or great. We have a gold star in anti-bullying, no dress code, and the school is changing policies to fit students needs. We have an IB program which the board loves and students generally dislike. AP is a much easier and more logical system, and most students wish this was in place and not the overrated IB.