Doane Academy Reviews

Doane Academy is a tight-knit community that is diverse and a safe place for students to learn. Students are able to make friends quickly, and get to know their educators on a different level, as they get older. The education is a mixture of hands on learning, group work, individual work, projects, and fun activities. Where else can you find a school whose top students are athletes, artists, members of the mock trial team, member of our band, leaders of STEAM Fair projects, and more.
I loved it! Doane is a place that changes people, and I am inspired by everyone everyday. It has taught me a lot about academics and leadership.
Start Your Review of Doane Academy
My two granddaughters presently attend Doane Academy and their experience has been awesome - socially, academically, and musically. They are presently in 2nd & 5th grades, each having been here since they were 4 years old.
We have been thrilled with our experience. Our son is on his eighth year at Doane and is happy and at home there. The school works hard to create a true family atmosphere where your child is known, loved and encouraged to discover their unique potential as their mission states. The staff has taken their time and care to direct our son through the many challenges of academic life. We could not be any happier with our investment in a good education and the character development of our child!
The school truly views the whole person, not just academic. The teachers are extremely involved and engage the students. The Administration seems to be struggling and not on the same page as the teachers. Overall, it is a nurturing environment that may be too smoothing for some high school students.
We have a son in his junior year at Doane Academy. We are writing this to let you know there is no better school for your child/student. Our children have attended public school and two other private schools and Doane is, by far, the best. Doane is a school that delivers on their promises We were reluctant to write after our son’s freshman year because we were waiting for the “disappointment” that can happen after entering a new school. At Doane, our son’s experience just keeps getting better. Of course there were bumps in the road, but his Doane family was there to support him through the tough times. The Doane family is there to celebrate with you as well. If you are looking to put your student into an excellent curriculum, with top notch teachers and you want your child to be known and loved, choose Doane Academy. No school is perfect, but Doane is as close to perfection as can be achieved.
Sally and Steve DiDomenico
Doane Academy's aim isn't to create the best college student, it's to create the best individual. Doane always strives to create well rounded young adults who will make the world a better place.
I had four happy years at Doane Academy. My education was excellent—thorough, rigorous, challenging, and personalized. My teachers often allowed and encouraged me to tailor their teaching to my interests. I was able to take scores of advanced placement classes, and the classes that were not advanced placement oftentimes were just as challenging.
But the academic experience is not what was most important. It was good and nice, but not that unique. Good academic schools abound everywhere. At Doane, the spirit and character of the place make it unique. The emphasis on educating character makes it unique.
In addition to an excellent education and an education of the spirit, Doane offers wonderful traditions, a dedicated faculty, amazing architecture, and a small learning environment that can benefit shy and bold alike.
Doane Academy made me the person I am today. The teachers are passionate about the subjects they teach, and help to distill this passion in their students. The school brought me out of my shell and pushed me outside of my comfort zones, through clubs and interim trips. I've made friendships and learned values here that will last me a lifetime.
Doane was the best school for me. It was family oriented and gave me the best education I could ask for. The small classes were great and I knew everyone there. It was the best and I was very involved.
I'd like to see a change for the student body. Doane Academy lacks a key factor for a general population of students.
We have watched this hidden gem go from good to great and it is still taking strides forward. Very impressed with the continual improvement and what it means in results for my child and all of the students.
I'm not going to say anything because I will end up saying something the public would not enjoy. Let's just go with change that is not smart and unkept promises.
I was a child of the public schools system and wanted to find a different approach for my children. I had no idea how life-changing sending my kids here would be. Not only did this school give my children the academic rigor that I was looking for, it gave them so many opportunities they couldn't have had elsewhere, and built their confidence and character along the way. The love and genuine caring that embraced them, and our whole family, along the way has changed us all for the better...permanently.
My kids had a great experience going to Doane! The "family " style community is wonderful and the traditions are great and very unique! My family LOVES Doane!
I LOVE Doane. While sometimes the internal communication is weird with them publicizing small things instead of the big ones, that really my only complaint. Such a great school!
Start Your Review of Doane Academy
During my years at Doane, I've formed close relationships with my teachers. They've helped me to succeed both academically and in life. Doane teachers are the type of teachers that would come to school early and stay after school to help you to learn. They would also chat with you during lunch to see how you are doing like your good old friends.They will always be there to assist you to walk the right path. Besides inspiring teachers, I was able to find encouraging friends at Doane and form lifelong friendships with them. It's been said that who you surround yourself with is who you become. Well, I am awfully glad that I found friends at Doane who, like the famous Instagram quote says, “push me to be and do better. No drama or mess. Just higher goals and higher heels. Good times and positive energy. No jealousy or shade. Simply bringing out the absolute best of each other.” Doane Academy is a school that would offer you a great education and a family that would push you to thrive
Doane taught me how to push myself and that striving for my full potential, while scary, is a necessary step on the road to success. I was pushed outside of my comfort zone academically, athletically and socially. They turned me into a leader through life experience, classes and roles in the Doane community. School is about more than just the arts and sciences at Doane, it is about creating strong men and women of character. Life is more than just what you learn in history books. While Doane does an excellent job of creating book smart individuals it strives to create good, decent human beings as well.
Riccardo Dale
May 8, 2017

During my two and a half years there, I was pushed to my limits and held to a high standard at all times. Academically, Doane was extremely challenging, but with the help of great teachers, I was able to excel. However, even though the academics were outstanding, academics is such a small part of why Doane changed my life. Doane changed my life because I was more than just a student there. I was family. I was taught and spoken to like someone would to their own son. I was cared about like I was family because that's what Doane is all about, family. They did all they could to make sure I was successful. They did all they could to let me know that Doane was a family. I would not be the person I am today if it was not for Doane. After college, I plan on working with kids and spending the rest of my life trying to impact their lives like Doane did for me.
-Riccardo Dale