Dixon High School is a public school located in Holly Ridge, NC. It has 854 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Dixon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+91 Students
- B+88 Students
- A+86 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-62 Students
- B55 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+42 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+32 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Dixon High School Reviews
Dixon is a very close community with a strong parent involvement. I played three different sports and was able to maintain an above average GPA. If you show great effort, the teachers are more than willing to go the extra mile to help you succeed. Although our programs are different in skill level, the staff at Dixon support all sports. There are clubs to join and can be enjoyed without schedule conflicts. You can challenge yourself academically or take just required courses, it is up to you. It is a safe environment with teachers and students being diligent to help keep the atmosphere healthy. A mixture of young and seasoned teachers keep things interesting. There are several opportunities to travel on field trips that focus on college bound students. I am extremely happy to be a part of Dixon than any other Onslow County School.
My experience at Dixon high school was decent, what I loved about Dixon was the teachers and their commitment to teaching even if they are given the minimal items to teach and the rude students they have to put up with, I really disliked how the teachers where being treated for example my teacher who won her battle against cancer was having a hard time maintaining her class because a lot of the students didn't care. I feel like the way Dixon executes their punishment for students isn't as solid as it should be. lastly the sports in Dixon lacked discipline, the people on all the Dixon sports teams as in the starters show up to practice whenever they want and they slack a lot, if I was the coach I wouldn't put people that show a lack of leadership and commitment in the starting position because that breeds a culture of ''I do what I want'' which caused the downfall in a lot of Dixons sports. overall Dixon has a lot to work on but its not too far gone.
Attending Dixon High School was one of the four years of my life. The whole school just has a very welcoming environment and no one is ever left out. The school offers all sorts of extra-cirriculars for each and every individual. Personally, I was involved in band. The marching band and the concert band was were I spent most of my time- other than my academics. Dixon High School is an amazing school and I would gladly recommend it to anyone searching for a high school for their child. Im proud to say that I graduated from Dixon High School.