Dixon High School is a public school located in Dixon, MO. It has 297 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- A38 Students
- C+28 Students
- B18 Students
- A-16 Students
- A15 Students
- A+15 Students
- C14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Dixon High School
- B-Vienna High School
- Maries County R-I School District, MO
- 24 reviews
- C+Crocker High School
- Crocker R-II School District, MO
- 39 reviews
- C+Iberia High School
- Iberia R-V School District, MO
- 7 reviews
- C+Newburg High School
- Newburg R-II School District, MO
- 13 reviews
Dixon High School Reviews
I have been going to Dixon High School for four years and have enjoyed every little bit of my experience. The teachers are super helpful and cooperative. The food is not that great but the lunch lady's are super sweet. I have been involved in many clubs such as Key Club, A+, Pep Club, Band, Choir, Cross Country, and Track (Manager). This school is very great.
I am very active in the clubs my school has to offer. I hold an office or some kind of leadership position within every club I am apart of. FCCLA is the largest club with the most involvement. We do multiple student lead things every month such as working blood drives, making meals for families in need, organizing club meeting, organizing career day opportunities. In FCCLA I have been able to take my leadership position to a regional level. Which is very hard to do within most schools, but our advisor helped me make it possible. Our school also offers tutoring for all struggling students and even mandates required tutoring before sports practices to ensure that our athletes are maintaining their grades. As an athlete I believe our school is very supportive of all of our athletic programs and offers a wide variety.
My experience at Dixon High School has been great. Our school is very supportive. I always feel supported by my school whether is be academically, athletically, or even religiously. I am a very active member of my school and I believe that the organizations my school has provided me to become involved in has helped me grow as a leader. I think being involved within my school is what has made me enjoy the experience so much. I am a large member of the student government, FCCLA, and the national honor society. These clubs have influenced my leadership skills as a person. Our school even provides clubs that help me grow personally such as art club and the fellowship of Christian Atheletes. Our school offers so much and care so much about our personal growth. If I was offered to have gone anywhere else I wouldn't go, I would stay at Dixon High School.