Dixon High School is a public school located in Dixon, IL. It has 803 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Dixon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-78 Students
- B53 Students
- B+44 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+29 Students
- A28 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Dixon High School
- B-Amboy High School
- Amboy Community Unit School District No. 272, IL
- 8 reviews
- BRock Falls Township High School
- Public School
- Rock Falls, IL
- 49 reviews
- C+Milledgeville High School
- Chadwick-Milledgeville Community Unit School District No. 399, IL
- 31 reviews
- B-Polo Community High School
- Polo Community Unit School District No. 222, IL
- 10 reviews
Dixon High School Reviews
There are plenty of clubs and organizations available to get involved in, such as key club, student council, etc. The students involved in these types of clubs are very committed to what they do and work hard to organize events for DHS. Student council and key club are probably the most popular among the school. There are also plenty of sports to try: football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, softball, golf, tennis, and some do swimming through Byron High School. Any of these sports are great opportunities to get involved and build good friendships. Parents and other students are very supportive of DHS athletics and have huge team spirit. Especially when it comes to football.
The teachers at Dixon High School are very knowledgeable when it comes to the subjects they teach. They are very willing to share their knowledge with me, and the rest of the students, that attend DHS. Their teaching styles, however, are nothing spectacular. Some do not do too many activities that get the students more involved with the lesson or use many electronics besides the typical SmartBoard. This causes many of the students to lose focus on what they are being taught, which means that their grades tend to drop. Although, their relationships with the students are nothing but friendly. For most of them, that is. Some of the DHS teachers do not seem to click well with their students. The grading scale used by DHS teachers has remained consistent and for some, they even grade more strictly.
Even though I've only attended this school for a couple of years so far, I've enjoyed my time here. The teachers and student body, for the most part, are extremely friendly and willing to help out when needed. I have built many friendships with other students at DHS. Some of my favorite experiences from this school would probably be the sports teams I took part of: softball, volleyball, and basketball. The coaches are always there to help you with your fundamentals and other skills you'd like to improve. My teammates have been nothing but supportive of each other and it is really inspiring to experience. These things are what makes Dixon High School unique. You have all kinds of students to make friendships with and teachers who genuinely care about your safety and health. If I were able to choose this school and do it all over, I would.