Dixon High School is an above average, public school located in Dixon, CA. It has 1,124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Dixon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A170 Students
- B127 Students
- A+94 Students
- A-85 Students
- A+81 Students
- A81 Students
- A-79 Students
- B+73 Students
- A68 Students
- A+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Dixon High School
- BPioneer High School
- Woodland Joint Unified School District, CA
- 197 reviews
- B+Vacaville High School
- Vacaville Unified School District, CA
- 311 reviews
- BSchool of Engineering & Sciences
- Sacramento City Unified School District, CA
- 56 reviews
- A-Vanden High School
- Travis Unified School District, CA
- 367 reviews
Dixon High School Reviews
I liked the Dixon High School community. I wish that the track, albeit nice, was regulation length. The teachers are good and care about the students. AP classes prepare students for college and they are working on building a school far. The marching, pep and jazz bands are great. If a student chooses to be involved and engaged at Dixon High School, they can gain a lot, both academically and socially, despite the school being in a small town. Close access to UC Davis, Sacramento and San Francisco makes there a significant availability to summer programs. Dixon High also offers Saturday School to those that get behind in units.
ALMOST ALL of the teachers are very academically involved with students and connect with them in a way where students can feel safe to ask for help either in school or personally and I feel that’s a very good quality for teachers to have nowadays. The only reason I docked one star is because the student body is horrible to one another. There’s no sense of inclusiveness, at least in my experience. I felt like an outcast for all of high school and I’m a very extroverted person. Other than that, the school is great.
Dixon High is a nice small town high school, with just over one thousand students, there is a decent variety in people there but it is still small enough to know who almost everyone is. The school could improve hiring better teachers especially in the math department, have cleaner facilities in certain placers and help prepare people more for life outside of high school.