Dixon High School is an above average, public school located in Dixon, CA. It has 1,124 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Dixon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A156 Students
- B117 Students
- A+84 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A73 Students
- A-70 Students
- B+65 Students
- A+62 Students
- A61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Dixon High School
- BPioneer High School
- Woodland Joint Unified School District, CA
- 196 reviews
- B+Vacaville High School
- Vacaville Unified School District, CA
- 310 reviews
- BSchool of Engineering & Sciences
- Sacramento City Unified School District, CA
- 56 reviews
- A-Vanden High School
- Travis Unified School District, CA
- 367 reviews
Dixon High School Reviews
ALMOST ALL of the teachers are very academically involved with students and connect with them in a way where students can feel safe to ask for help either in school or personally and I feel that’s a very good quality for teachers to have nowadays. The only reason I docked one star is because the student body is horrible to one another. There’s no sense of inclusiveness, at least in my experience. I felt like an outcast for all of high school and I’m a very extroverted person. Other than that, the school is great.
Dixon High is a nice small town high school, with just over one thousand students, there is a decent variety in people there but it is still small enough to know who almost everyone is. The school could improve hiring better teachers especially in the math department, have cleaner facilities in certain placers and help prepare people more for life outside of high school.
The leadership class is very involved with all the various fun activities that are going on. Some examples are school spirit rallies, they plan spirit days and spirit weeks, and have lunch time activities every Friday with the school mascot. The sports teams are always successful and competitive and there are good coaches for every sport. The teachers care and want to see students succeed at the next level.