Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Dixie High School is a public school located in New Lebanon, OH. It has 320 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Dixie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus98 Students
- grade B minus59 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade A minus40 Students
- grade A40 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade A minus32 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade A minus16 Students
- grade B13 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Drama dinner theater50%
- Band events25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,140 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Dixie High School
- grade BMadison High School
- Madison Local School District (Middletown), OH
- Rating 3.24 out of 5 17 reviews
- grade A minusMiamisburg High School
- Miamisburg City School District, OH
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 211 reviews
- grade B minusCarlisle High School
- Carlisle Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade B+Valley View High School
- Valley View Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 97 reviews
Dixie High School Reviews
Rating 3.26 out of 5 39 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
During my time at Dixie I have had the opportunity to have close relationships with my friends and teachers due to the small size. We have a caring staff at Dixie that is willing to help kids not only with school work, but outside activities as well. Small class sizing allow for more attentions toward students for one on one help. Another benefit of being so small and in the village of New Lebanon is Dixie is on a one to one program where every student has a laptop. However, with small class sizes and being a small school drama rages through Dixie. I would like to see Dixie have less drama and more school spirit. I feel many are ashamed to say they go to Dixie but I am proud to be a Greyhound!
I loved that the teachers were for the most part willing to help with any trouble anyone was having in their class and that the teachers know how to cater to the students learning needs. I would change the fact that there are those certain teachers that act like they are not interested in doing their job, just like there is at any school.
Dixie High School is a great school. The teachers are amazing and truly care about their students. The faculty is always committed to doing what is best for us with good intents.