Dixie High School is a public school located in Due West, SC. It has 423 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Dixie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B72 Students
- A54 Students
- A52 Students
- B+43 Students
- C+35 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+32 Students
- C+20 Students
- B20 Students
- C+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Dixie High School
- BAbbeville High School
- Abbeville County School District, SC
- 30 reviews
- BCrescent High School
- Anderson School District No. 3, SC
- 85 reviews
- B-Emerald High School
- Greenwood School District No. 50, SC
- 153 reviews
- C+Belton Honea Path High School
- Anderson School District No. 2, SC
- 142 reviews
Dixie High School Reviews
Dixie High School is a very close knit community. The small classes help grow the relationship between students and teachers. Police are very close by which helps us feel safe. The only thing I would want to change about the school is the condition of the school. It is noticeably aged, but it is okay.
The environment was amazing. The teachers always wanted to help and there was little to no bullying. However, there was a lack of resources in the school but our teachers did their best to work around it to give us the best experience they could. The community was very involved with our little school and always helped with fundraisers.
Dixie High School is located in a very poor, rural part of South Carolina. Money isn't spent correctly within the district. Sports are given more attention than academics. The softball team gets brand new uniforms every year while the school building falls apart. Our bathrooms smell of sewage because the plumbing doesn't work. Our ceilings are filled with mold. Despite all of this; however, a few teachers are able to actually educate students. I can count on one hand how many teachers actually educated students and didn't just read from a textbook or PowerPoint. Those few teachers are what save Dixie High School. Without them, all the students would probably dropout because the conditions are so horrible. The district can't decide whether to consolidate the two schools while students sit in unhealthy conditions getting a below average education.