Discovery High School is a public school located in Lawrenceville, GA. It has 2,656 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Discovery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B93 Students
- A+73 Students
- C+69 Students
- B49 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+40 Students
- C28 Students
- C+26 Students
- B-24 Students
- C+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Discovery High School Reviews
What I liked about Discovery High School was the sports because I really loved playing volleyball since freshman year of high school and the teachers that adored me and loved me since I was always doing good in their classes and trying my best during their lessons. My teachers would always want me to succeed in school and focus on what to study on in the future and has really helped me out with assignments that I struggled with. This school has really changed my life and I will forever will miss my teachers and students and will for as long as I will be a titan. Go titans! Legacy Class of 2019!
Discovery High school is a beautiful school. I started as a freshman, new to the district. At first, I was nervous I would not fit in, or not have any friends. However, people are welcoming and friendly. The teachers are opening, honest, and caring. This was especially in the theatre department. I found a family in the theatre department. Another thing I love about Discovery is diversity. You never feel like an outsider because there is someone who always looks like you. Lastly, the facility is absolutely amazing. It's a brand new school so everything is up to date. It's truly stunning right when you walk in there is an open layout. Giving you plenty of room to walk the halls comfortably. The open layout makes it less likely for you to get lost in the hallways as well. Only thing I would like to see a change in is less strictness when it comes to things like eating in the library or what you can do with your lunchtime in general.
I have been in Discovery High School since sophomore year, I came here all the way from Venezuela in January, 2018. I've always thought that high school is just like the movies, where you get things easily, people is nice everywhere except for some folks that at the end of the year end up loving you. No, high school is shocking and it hits you to see what's real life like. Teachers can be mean, but they always give their best to teach ; students can fight, say things that hurt or simply be mean but they also can turn into your best friends for life. And college, high school drives you to your next step in life called college, it gives you the tools, the opportunities, takes you to places and helps you to build yourself as a athlete, student and person. So I would say, the experience has been impressive but I have love every step and fall, because it helped mentally and determined to what I wanted to do with my life.