Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Discovery High School is a public school located in Lawrenceville, GA. It has 2,749 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Discovery High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B280 Students
- A+203 Students
- C+192 Students
- B144 Students
- A+115 Students
- B+104 Students
- B-71 Students
- A+69 Students
- B-68 Students
- B+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Discovery High School Reviews
Well, to start Discovery High school has a phenomenal staff of educators who are very great at understanding students and help them grow then discovery also has pathways which help me personally choose what career path i wanted to take these pathways is what makes discovery such a great school it helps students better understand each type of career and can help you choose your career. Then discovery also provides a multitude of extracurricular activities and there is something for everyone so everyone can feel that they are part of something.Overall the experience i had at Discovery High School was great With the educators, Pathways, and sports and clubs it was an experience that changed me to the person i am today.
Discovery High School (DHS) offers programs, and classes that not every student is fortunate enough to obtain. DHS has the Clyde L. Strickland Entrepreneurship Center, an inventive program in which students get the chance to dive into their innovative character with unique machinery. The school offers a range of AP classes like AP Biology and AP Literature, along with dual-enrollment. Although, some rules can give off the impression of little free will. For example, during lunch, the students are not allowed to stand after they sit. On the bright side, the school is very diverse, but the school lacks respect for people of color, specifically African Americans/Blacks. I have observed non-black students jokingly say the "n-word," which can make a person feel unrepresented and disrespected. Regarding the lack of respect for the culture of African Americans/Blacks, it is definitely a school that offers unique privileges for their students.
Discovery was a wonderful experience! The extracurricular activities they have are amazing. The only thing they should work on would be being more prepared, instead of waiting last minute for everything else.