Dillon High School is a public school located in Dillon, SC. It has 921 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Dillon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-123 Students
- A99 Students
- B+74 Students
- B69 Students
- A52 Students
- B+48 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-39 Students
- C+39 Students
- B-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Dillon High School
- C+Lake View High School
- Dillon School District, SC
- 48 reviews
- B-Mullins High School
- Marion County School District No. 10, SC
- 73 reviews
- C+Fairmont High School
- Public Schools of Robeson County, NC
- 92 reviews
- B-Latta High School
- Latta School District, SC
- 30 reviews
Dillon High School Reviews
Sports is king at this school. Failing all your classes? Don't worry. As long as you're on the football team, you'll be fine. The academics come second to athletics. With only one or two AP classes, you practically have to get perfect grades in every class you take in order to even have a chance of getting into top ranked universities. The teachers try their best, but they are below-standard. The lack of funding for supplies and equipment required for basic teaching really affects the teaching ability. College readiness is absolutely horrible. From day one, counselors don't even make the attempt to instill confidence in students that they'll make it into good colleges. The counselors basically make it seem impossible to go to college outside of South Carolina. Names of colleges outside of the Carolinas will never be uttered from the counselors mouths if students don't bring them up.
Overall the school is decent and the students are nice and attentive, but sports are valued and held up to a higher standard than academics.
I love the diversity at the school and the interaction between teachers and students. Dillon High School is mostly known for its athletics but this overshadows the great teachers behind athletes. Without the teachers we would have no athletes. Our coaches are phenomenal teachers both on and off the field and court.