Dickson High School is a public school located in Ardmore, OK. It has 375 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Dickson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B66 Students
- A52 Students
- B46 Students
- B-44 Students
- A41 Students
- C+37 Students
- B19 Students
- B16 Students
- C+14 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Dickson High School Reviews
I've been to plenty of different schools and Dickson High School might be one of the best schools I have ever attended. So many friendly faces and I was welcome with opened arms. Such a small school filled with love and acceptance. This is one of the schools where I can say that everyone is my family. We come together in ways no one would believe. Hand in hand, we grow stronger and try to better and strengthen each other every day. We make a rainy day brighter with a smile and the muddy earth beneath us muddier in the best of ways. We are Dickson Public Schools. We are family.
It's a nice place. Especially if you're a nerd like me and somehow end up making friends with the teachers. Great environment, great teachers, and a wonderful place to begin your journey towards graduation.
I do not feel this is a good school. My sophomore year I turned in my teacher/cheer coach for having sex with students and giving alcohol to them. The school board along with numerous administration and faculty new of this before I was exposed to this woman. None of them turned her in. I was put on the stand at 15 years of age to testify to these allegations. Thanks to these people I've experienced things I should not have had to. The teacher was sentenced and served time in jail. I have struggled through some tough times because of the 1 1/2 years I went through going to court over all of this. I hope the administration and school board members who knew of this and did not report it lose sleep every night because of it. I still manage to have a 3.9 GPA along with finishing 18 hours of college last semester and working an average of 25 hours a week. I'm in my last semester of high school, taking 9 hours in college classes, and still working. I honestly feel I have been robbed of being an honor student do to the rough times I had during the investigation. I would not recommend anyone to this school after all the let me go through. I'm trying to stay focused on ways to pay for my education and move past what I've been through.