Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Dickinson High School is an above average, public school located in Dickinson, TX. It has 3,006 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Dickinson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-473 Students
- A+392 Students
- A+356 Students
- B+294 Students
- B224 Students
- C+208 Students
- A199 Students
- A+199 Students
- B184 Students
- A-157 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Schools like Dickinson High School
- NGDickinson Continuation Center
- Dickinson Independent School District, TX
- BLa Porte High School
- La Porte Independent School District, TX
- 255 reviews
- BAlvin High School
- Alvin Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 251 reviews
- B+Dobie High School
- Pasadena Independent School District, TX
- 666 reviews
Dickinson High School Reviews
My experience with Dickinson High School has been rewarding. I have learned the skill of managing my extracurricular activity in football and challenging online college course, Pre AP courses, and Dual Credit courses along with my pathway in Engineering . I am a Gator Scholar. I currently hold a 3.482 GPA. I rate Dickinson High School an A. Dr. Billy Smith, the principle is an awesome person. She shows how much she cares for the kids at Dickinson. She involves herself on the football field to support us. Go Gators!
The school does the best that it can. The administration is outdated and not considerate of the feelings of students. Many decisions are made with no regard for daily school life. We are often treated as if we attend a day care instead of a high school. However, many teachers are extremely passionate and consistently attempt to ensure complete and total understanding. At the same time, these passionate teachers are largely outnumbered by lazy and clique centered teachers.
Dickinson High School care about the student health and safety. Dickinson offer the student excellent career pathway that lead to having a great college experience. Dickinson High School has a great principal. The also care about the student. I like that the high school offer on campus dual credit courses for those student that choose to excel in their classes. I also like that they offer challenging and rigorous PreAP, AP and Honor classes for the students.