Dickinson High School is a public school located in Dickinson, ND. It has 925 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-96 Students
- B+96 Students
- B+82 Students
- C+30 Students
- A+30 Students
- B28 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Dickinson High School Reviews
In my experiences in high school, I have seen plenty of different viewpoints from different facilities. I have worked a little in adminstration as a student aid, and they work very hard, making sure all are treated fairly. The staff and teachers are phenomenal, hard-working, and give their heart and all their willpower into making every student in that school feel helped, wanted, and have all the resources they need not only to succeed in high school, but get prepared for college as well, and even just the little things, like applying to colleges, and getting plenty of scholarships.
The thing I have enjoyed most about Dickinson High School is the abundant amount of outstanding teachers. Just about every teacher I have had or spoken to has been phenomenal, with their teaching skills and honest caring for their students. Not only that, I would prefer to be taught by a teacher who loves their job and easily shows that, and my teachers do. However, if I could change anything about this high school, I would have them change how devoted the school is to sports, rather than clubs or the school structure itself. I believe Dickinson High School spends so much time and money for sports such as football and basketball by building a brand new gym floor and scoreboard, rather than replacing drama curtains that are over ten years old and instruments just as old. Adding to that, we have some holes in our ceilings that have leaks when it rains, which the money from these sports could be covering.
I thought that Dickinson High School provided me with an overall good high school experience. I really enjoyed the block schedule and the variety of classes they provide towards different occupational fields. Dickinson High School faculty was also another thing that made for a good high school experience: they were always open to help students with not only school work but any other things a student may need help with. I wouldn't change much other than the facility itself could be updated and is starting to become crowded with increase to the number of students. One recommendation would be to do the senior presentation that we receive in our economics class right away at the beginning of the school year; I feel I would be more relaxed about all the applications for college if I was provided with this information earlier than at the end of the first semester.