Diamond Bar High School Reviews

Entering freshman year, I didn't know what to expect. I'm glad that I immersed myself with various clubs and organizations, and I was able to find what I love doing. I had many teachers who actually cared and taught the class, as well as some who did not do a thing. I feel like I learned the most in calculus, as DBHS has brilliant math teachers. The one thing I dislike is the school culture: each student wants to be the best and the mentality rubs off on almost everyone. Most students are so concentrated on getting that "A" grade, and forget who they are by the time they are seniors. Now as a senior, many of my friends are concerned about what college they will be accepted to. Some don't want to share where they are applying to and fear what college they will end up in because they will be seen and judged as not "good enough." This mentality needs to change. Students should focus on self-improvement, rather than self-promotion.
Diamond Bar High has been my home for the past 4 years of my life. My teammates have become my family and the campus is an enjoyable place to be. The students are all well connected and school spirit is great. The academic part of the school is very competitive and stressful but the school offers support. Mental health is well taken care of and taught around campus. The support system of the Wellness Center is amazing and always feels safe.
Diamond Bar High School has a very competitive atmosphere. The teachers really do their best to make sure all students have an equal opportunity to learn and always have a chance to ask personalized questions. As a student, one can expect the administration to be there for support and student success.
Start Your Review of Diamond Bar High School
I liked how DBHS got you ready for college and pushed you for academic success. I feel it could be improved by providing more student activities that support creativity. Art classes don’t receive funding.
This school provides many opportunities to grow and reach every student's full potential. It has many very rigorous academic programs, so every student is expected to study hard.
I like its academic program including AP and other challenging classes. The school has various options for clubs and activities. I personally enjoy the band and orchestra program. Most of the teachers are engaging and thoughtful. The resources are abundant through counselors, teachers, and other staff.
Diamond bar high is a terrific place for academics and college readiness. Two years into college, I don't have as much as a hard time with my courses, and I believe it's because I became accustomed to the difficulty of the courses from DBHS. However, the social culture, clubs and friendliness in general is not so great. It definitely wasn't a fun high school experience for me. Academics are great, but be ready for you or your child to truly have a hard time intrapersonally.
Rigorous Courses that help with College Preparedness
Very Helpful GLCs and Staff
Needs more T in STEM
Amazing school with a variety of programs that helped get students ready for college and the world beyond.
While I've enjoyed my experience at Diamond Bar High School, the environment is extremely competitive, which is not the most conducive for all students. Many of the teachers that I've had show a passion for the subject matter that they teach. However, there are a few whose lack of enthusiasm about their own class makes it difficult to keep yourself engaged. Despite the lack of diversity, DBHS has an abundance of clubs, organizations, sports teams, etc. that make it easy to find your niche and stay interested in your education. The administration is easily accessible to all students, and they make it a point to answer any concerns that students may have.
Diamond Bar Highschool is a very competitive high school with a good mix of students. Most students and teachers are very hard working and care about the quality of learning we receive. Furthermore, we have a Peer Counseling group and a Wellness center to help students relax and release. However, most students and teachers don't get as much sleep as they probably should because of how competitive we are.
Sports-wise, we aren't the best, but in recent years our swimming team has gotten a lot better. We also have many phenomenal arts programs, however, because the funding goes to the STEM and Sports programs, they have to raise their own funds through performances.
There are many clubs that students can take part in, during and after school, and some students can have a 0 period.
The buildings are very nice, and are currently being rebuilt so they are state of the art, however, bathrooms are lacking considering how many students we have.
As competitive as the school is, Diamond Bar High School has helped me form a strong, academic foundation.
DBHS prepares and supports all students in pursuing higher education. It offers a variety of AP classes, sports, and club activities to encourage students to be well-rounded and to find their passions.
My experience with Diamond Bar was very challenging and fulfilling, being challenged academically and mentally to my fullest capacity.
School had excellent academic rigor, extracurricular opportunities, and utilization of technology. Most educational aspects felt very up to date, but had strange allocation of resources. It seemed ironic that we had carts full of laptops while the band door was missing a door handle for several months, or bathrooms were very low quality. Most teachers put thought and creativity into their lesson plans and actively tried to engage students with few reading off powerpoint slides and depending on rote memorization. Music program was amazing and really strived to achieve top quality performance and practice. USB events were mostly beneficial but some were trite and expensive.
Lots of emphasis on academics and very competitive atmosphere. Still, there are many opportunities to take part in just about anything, from Debate Club to FBLA to service organizations to Robotics Club.
Great! Diamond Bar High School has taught me to work hard and find my passions. The teachers care about the students and the campus is very safe. Thank you for the past four years.
Start Your Review of Diamond Bar High School
The only reason the school has good results is because of the high performing students and their parents' support. The teachers are some of the laziest people I have ever seen. Because students score well on AP Tests and SAT's it makes people think the teachers are doing a great job. The principals don't want to take any action because that would take courage. If parents express a need for teachers to do better, then the teachers retaliate against the student. Even if the student asks question in a polite manner. Overall, the teachers lack a basic understanding of the material they teach, they are extremely rude when responding to even the most basic questions from students, they act like they are doing a favor to the student.
There is the strong teachers' union and spineless administration. It is difficult to recruit parents to engage the administration because they are too afraid and would rather spend their time brown nosing to get preferential treatment.
The curriculum is pretty rigorous, but there are other programs that are easier, like Pathways. DBHS offers an abundance of AP courses and has many specialized programs (Brahma Tech (STEM), IB, and PLTW). There are clubs for culture, volunteering, informational, career, business, 3D printing, and e-sports. The food is edible, most times, but there is a student store selling all sorts of snacks. They range from chips, gummy bears, noodles, juice, cookies, and aloe.
The only reason I don't love DBHS that much is because of the competitive atmosphere that exists within it. Yes, this school is known for its academics but that definitely comes with a cost of a constantly stressed, constantly sleep deprived student body. There are definitely some amazing teachers here, but for the most part they are pretty average (to poor even). There is a large divide at DBHS between the academically successful students who take AP classes and those who care little about their grades.
Even with this competitive student culture, Brahmas know how to have fun. The school spirit here is great and I've meet some amazing people for sure.
While at any other high school I may have had a less stressful experience, I think the version of me that will be graduating DBHS in the spring is the best possible version of myself at this point. The stress is worth it!