Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Dexter High School is a public school located in Dexter, NM. It has 296 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Dexter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- B60 Students
- C+46 Students
- B-45 Students
- A-23 Students
- A10 Students
- A-10 Students
- B8 Students
- A-8 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Dexter High School Reviews
Dexter High School is a friendly, tight-knit, small town school. Everyone treats eachother with kindness and the staff to student ratio is perfect allowing everyone the best opportunities as the teachers do their best to teach and can connect with students. It has a nice choice of classes and a great online schooling as well as dual credit opportunities. However it is lacking a bit in technology but it continues to improve each year. It takes sports and activities serious and offers many. A motto being school first sports second to make sure the athletes are performing their best at school and at the games. Dexter High does ya best to help the student gain the success they need and improve on the areas they may be lacking. For me it has been a great experience.
The people that you surround yourself with at school can change how you see the school. Thankfully I had a good group of people surrounding me and I was very active in the community. The more active you are at Dexter the easier it is to be at school. Being at dexter is like being with family, everyone knows everyone. Although education wise we have some amazing teachers unless it comes to math. The school has trouble keeping math teachers because of the students.
Dexter High is amazing. All the teachers there care about you, they take time to teach you what you don't understand. There's anumber of things that you can be apart of; Band, NHS, Student Council, Criminal Justice Club, FFA, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Golf, Baseball, Softball, Track, Cheer and Choir. There is always community involvement. The things I would like to see changes in is getting more money for our education, technology (computers), and have updated textbooks.