Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Dewitt High School is a public school located in Dewitt, AR. It has 359 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Dewitt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B73 Students
- A-61 Students
- C57 Students
- B54 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+26 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Dewitt High School Reviews
The teachers are so caring and supportive, and willing to help you through anything in school or your personal life. The school board and superintendent are always making changes that better the life of the students. DeWitt is by far a safe place for students, you can be yourself and not have to worry about being bullied, but don't worry if something does happen kids here stand up pretty fast. All of the teachers, in every subject, try their hardest to teach the most effective way for every student, and prepare them for college. The list of clubs and organizations go on and on. I have always believed that being involved is very important. The parents of the community also make a huge impact on the schools. It is also a wonderful sight to be able to walk down the halls and be able to see kids from all different ethnicities. Last but not least, the cafeteria workers, the most sweet woman on the planet. DeWitt School District is and always will be one of the most supportive and caring!
DeWitt High School is in small town DeWitt, Arkansas where everybody knows everybody. It is a small school with around 150-200 students per grade. The teachers at DeWitt High School are people that most students know before becoming their student. Most of the teachers here are invested in their students’ academic performance and want their students to learn, not just pass a test. There are not many sports for students to be involved in at DeWitt High School. Students can choose from football, cheerleading, basketball, baseball, track, and bowling. It would be nice for DeWitt High School to include volleyball, dance, and soccer.
Overall, I have absolutely loved my high school. Because of the small population, it seems like our school is a (slightly large) family. The teachers are understanding and you are NOT just a number to them. Everyone is going to try to help you in any way they possibly can, because we help our own. The counselor is encouraging and tries her hardest to provide as much help to everyone as she possibly can, and the district itself is something to be proud of also. There are so many people dedicated to making our school district the best it can possibly be, and you can obviously tell! From our junior-senior banquet, to all the football games, pep rallies, college fairs, etc., you can tell that everyone in my high school is trying to help the students make the most of their future. And for that, I am forever grateful!