Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Deweyville High School is a public school located in Orange, TX. It has 305 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-34 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-19 Students
- A+18 Students
- B16 Students
- A15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B13 Students
- A-13 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Deweyville High School
Schools like Deweyville High School
- B-Orangefield High School
- Orangefield Independent School District, TX
- 59 reviews
- B-Buna High School
- Buna Independent School District, TX
- 54 reviews
- BLittle Cypress-Mauriceville (LCM) High School
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 50 reviews
- C+West Orange-Stark High School
- West Orange-Cove Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
Deweyville High School Reviews
Deweyville was a good high school for me. The teachers really love and care for each of their students. Unlike most schools, you don't have the popular vs. un popular kids. Everyone gets along with everyone. They are a big ole' family!
We moved our children from a larger 4A school to Deweyville 2 years ago. The kids love it. The classes are smaller, they teachers are more hands on with the students, and there is a real feeling of family there. The students and teachers of Deweyville have been through 2 catastrophic floods in 18 months. The school immediately opened up its doors to rescue workers, military, and the Red Cross to use the school as a point of distribution. The entire community came together to help one another. There were no colors, political party’s, or differences. There were just neighbors helping neighbors. We are a small community and I couldn’t be prouder to be a part of it.
Deweyville is pretty much an average school compared to other small schools. The thing that I love the most about Deweyville is that since it is a small school, there is more opportunity to shine in academics, sports and other curricular activities. There is also more opportunity for students to get one on one help from the educators.