Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Dewey High School is a public school located in Dewey, OK. It has 330 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Dewey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A68 Students
- A50 Students
- C+35 Students
- B20 Students
- B-18 Students
- C16 Students
- B+15 Students
- A14 Students
- B13 Students
- C+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Dewey High School Reviews
I liked the school spirit and most of the teachers. It is a good environment for children to grow up around. The school is small but you get to know each and every one of the students here at Dewey and it makes school feel more like a home rather than a place of teaching. Although I love Dewey, it does not teach the students everything they need to know before they graduate. Dewey needs to start teaching material better. I myself feel that I have not learned to my full potential here at Dewey and believe that I should have much more knowledge than I do now.
When I went to school here, a long time ago, we had a booster club that every Christmas would wrap presents and do other special things throughout the year and the proceeds would go back into the school account for the extra curricular activities. I miss the size of our band and the fact we had show choir and put on plays. Our band has dwindled to almost nothing now and I'm not sure when the school did away with show choir and the plays. We used to have coaches that would not only push our kids to be great at sports and win, but also make sure they were safe and had fun. The safety and fun is still there, but now people feel the need to coddle and only suggest the kids try harder instead of motivating them to want to push and train harder. There is no more art class except in high school and the foreign language selection has become less optional, but other than that I had a blast while there, my children attend now and they like it too.
I am in my second year at Dewey high school. While I have had a pretty good time, it is important to have everything in consideration while looking at a survey. Most of the classes are good, although there have been a couple of teachers there that I have had in my two years that can be jerks and some that don't seem to know what they are doing. But also a few that are great. Our sports are pretty unreliable year to year, and our overall student mentality is pretty bad.