Devine High School is an above average, public school located in Devine, TX. It has 564 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Devine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+132 Students
- B116 Students
- B+111 Students
- A+104 Students
- A-62 Students
- B56 Students
- B50 Students
- B-48 Students
- A47 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Devine High School
- B+Medina Valley High School
- Medina Valley Independent School District, TX
- 229 reviews
- C+Natalia High School
- Natalia Independent School District, TX
- 46 reviews
- C+Lytle High School
- Lytle Independent School District, TX
- 83 reviews
- CSomerset High School
- Somerset Independent School District, TX
- 126 reviews
Devine High School Reviews
My experience in Devine high school has been mediocre. Some teachers take there job seriously while other teachers don't. Furthermore, throughout high school I didn't learn much from some classes. However, I have learned a lot from advanced classes to better prepare myself for college. The sports program wasn't the best. When I was in athletics, coaches would only focus on talented students rather than hardworking students. One thing that is great is the school spirit towards sports and other U.I.L programs. I love being in the band program because we are always there to support students that participate in U.I.L activities. The change I'd love for Devine high school is for more recognition towards the band. I feel the band program is overlooked because of the athletic program.
Devine High School may be located in a small community, but Devine High School is a school with a big heart. Within the premise I discovered my greatest friends that will stick with me to the end. Two other exceptional qualities about my school are the classes and teachers. The classes that I have been enrolled in have been beneficial in helping me evolve as a student to move up towards college and the challenges that will await for me there after. Even though there may be a few teachers that didn't necessarily help as much as others, most do care about my success. Their guidance is what will drive me to succeed in life. This how my experience has been so far in my high school years.
I would like to see new administration. The school climate and moral is very low. I believe that with a change in admin that it would improve. Good teachers are leaving because of administration. They don't feel supported and parents feel that teachers aren't being held accountable for rigorous instruction. I'm also concerned about school safety. Teachers leave kids in their classroom alone and unsupervised. This is unacceptable.