Deuel High School is a public school located in Clear Lake, SD. It has 140 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Deuel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+25 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-8 Students
- A-5 Students
- B4 Students
- B-3 Students
- B2 Students
- B-2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Deuel High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Deuel High School Reviews
I love my school. I have made great friends and great memories too! It's a small school, so we all know each other and get along pretty well. The teachers are fantastic and they really make you learn a lot. We have a great selection of clubs and activities to join as well.
Deuel School has a variety of clubs and sports one can participate in. There is no limit on what you can partake in. You can be in every club and sports if applicable. The clubs that they offer are Friends of Rachel, Key Club, Art Club, National Honor Society, Student Council, and FFA. The sports they offer include football, volleyball, cross country, basketball, gymnastics, wrestling, football, basketball, and wrestling cheerleading, track, golf, and baseball.
I have a policy in life that I should never do anything over if I have learned from it. We all have failures in life, let downs, less than stellar moments. Why cringe from them and wish we could erase them from our social or emotional history? Embrace such moments and learn from the bits that didn't quite go as planned. My school was very small, and there were many experiences that I was able to enjoy/endure because of that. There are lessons learned in a school this size that cannot be learned anywhere else. I treasure those lessons. For that reason I would not choose to do anything over.