Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Detroit High School is a public school located in Detroit, TX. It has 168 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+22 Students
- B21 Students
- B-13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B+6 Students
- A+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Homecoming dance and football game25%
- Spirit Week25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Detroit High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Detroit High School
- BPrairiland High School
- Prairiland Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
- B+Rivercrest High School
- Rivercrest Independent School District, TX
- 26 reviews
- BChisum High School
- Chisum Independent School District, TX
- 22 reviews
- B-North Lamar High School
- North Lamar Independent School District, TX
- 69 reviews
Detroit High School Reviews
Detroit High School is a great small town country school. It's amazing how a small community works around a school like this. The academics obviously aren't as great or thorough as a bigger school districts is. Detroit has teachers come and go a lot, as well as coaches. Overall though, it's a great little school.
I like the science curriculum. I learned a lot in all my science based classes. However, I would like to see a wider availability of higher level classes.
I rate the athletic opportunities a bad rate. I wasn't involved in any of the sports at this school. Their wasn't enough variety, if you ask me. Volleyball and football, and baseball and softball. I love volleyball but i wasn't excepted because I registered to school late. So to tell you the truth I didn't have any involvement with the sports at this school. The volleyball girls didn't except me for who i was. I was an outsider to this school.