COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
On this webpage, you will find all DCS communications that have come from the school regarding closure (direct emails from teachers to students and parents are not shared here) and distance learning. You will also find helpful resources, links on how to access google classroom, tips to navigate COVID-19, all our online communications and social media, and much more! Learn More
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
Since Desert Christian Schools (DCS) beginning in 1986, DCS has been committed to providing a solid spiritual and educational foundation for every student. DCS is an independent, inter-denominational, Christian covenant school that provides a rigorous traditional liberal arts education taught from a biblical worldview. In partnership with Christian families, DCS is committed to providing an educational experience, centered on the foundation of a Biblical Christian Worldview. At DCS, it is our mission to:
1. Pursue excellence in Christian education
2. Foster Christ-Centered relationships
3. Endeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every student
Internationally recognized and accredited, DCS admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school. DCS strives to provide a solid spiritual and educational foundation to all children from preschool through 12th grade.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-70 Students
- B-42 Students
- B26 Students
- A16 Students
- B16 Students
- C+16 Students
- C+14 Students
- A-10 Students
- B+6 Students
- A6 Students
Award winning Fine Arts program
The fine arts curriculum of Desert Christian Schools is designed to help students develop the gifts that God has given them to glorify and serve Him. I Peter 4:10 states, “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others.”
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Desert Christian Schools Reviews
Losing Mr. Smith as K8 Principal this past year was heartbreaking, but with Mr. Jansen replacing him we know that strong relational Godly leadership will continue. As for Mrs. Alday, the Preschool Director, she is a Rock Star! Exceptional preschool program!
We would love to see additional clubs and after school activities available to the students and improvement on healthy lunch options.
We are struggling with the Headmaster not attending any sports events. A school is all about relationships and knowing and trusting the leadership, which he strongly promotes, but does not follow through on. We do hope to see improvement in him personally supporting the students in all areas.
develop character and integrity of each student. Several fieldtrips (especially in the middle school) involve serving in the community. Parents/Grandparents, we highly recommend DCS to families who are looking for a positive student learning environment on a beautiful campus setting.