Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Dequeen High School is an above average, public school located in Dequeen, AR. It has 544 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Dequeen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-170 Students
- B-155 Students
- B-153 Students
- B-144 Students
- B142 Students
- B-114 Students
- B-104 Students
- C+82 Students
- B57 Students
- B+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Dequeen High School Reviews
Great school, with great teachers that are always helpful. A lot of clubs to choose from and they are all very fun. You get a chance to also volunteer in these clubs. Like I said, great school!
De Queen is a very diverse school and town. With half the population being Hispanic, the school seems to handle diversity well. When I was in attendance years ago, the teachers were strict but they cared. The strictness of the teachers helped students learn to have higher standards for themselves and those around them. Of course all high schools have their problems, but overall I found De Queen High School to be a good school to be in.
Dequeen High School focuses on preparing their students for college and the future. It teaches acceptance and tolerance above all. With a diverse community, students are exposed to multiple different cultures. Dequeen school district brings up well-rounded students. Most students are involved in the athletic program, FCCLA, or other clubs and organizations. I’ve grown to love my small school and community.