Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Depue High School is a public school located in Depue, IL. It has 117 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 10% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B25 Students
- B18 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-12 Students
- B+10 Students
- A-10 Students
- B9 Students
- B7 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Depue High School
- B-La Moille High School
- LaMoille Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 22 reviews
- B-Putnam County High School
- Putnam County Community Unit School District No. 535, IL
- 15 reviews
- B+La Salle-Peru Township High School
- Public School
- La Salle, IL
- 126 reviews
- BHall High School
- Public School
- Spring Valley, IL
- 42 reviews
Depue High School Reviews
Depue High school is located in the small town of Depue, Il. This school is divided into three main sections. The entire building contains elementary, junior high, and high school—a student body made up of about 500. I transferred to this school while I was in elementary. Therefore, I grew up with my classmates throughout the years and did not need to worry about being the new kid. With such a small school, it offers the experience of growing up closely with others and getting to truly experience a family-type community at school. This occurs especially during homecoming week, where the four high school grades form a friendly competition against one other. Sadly, academics are lacking greatly. The high school lacks many that other schools provide. There are no AP classes available and only a handful of extracurriculars. During senior year, many students only need to take a couple of classes to graduate. Depue School could offer so much more if it received more funding and faculty.
DePue School isn't just a high school: it's Pre-K through 12th grade. I believe that's one of DePue's downfalls. The high school students aren't given as much attention since there's so many grades in one building. I rode the bus with high school students when I was in elementary. I was bullied by the older students and heard so many inappropriate things that made me uncomfortable. That's just one example of why elementary, junior high, and high school should be separate.
Going to DePue High School has been very fun. Everyone at DePue gets along with each other and I have created many memories throughout my four years in high school. Soccer was the best sport that I liked to play in high school. The whole team had great chemistry throughout the season and I will never forget how much fun we all had together. The teachers get to know everyone. They also help out each student in the best way possible. DePue is a small school, but I know that I picked the right school because I have enjoyed the whole ride with my classmates. I'm sad that I'm leaving DePue High School to go onto college, but I know that I will have more memories throughout my college years too. This is why I know that my time at DePue High School was worth it.