Depew High School is an above average, public school located in Depew, OK. It has 138 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Depew High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A28 Students
- A21 Students
- B20 Students
- B-15 Students
- C+15 Students
- B+12 Students
- C11 Students
- C9 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Depew High School Reviews
I've attended this school for quite some time, and I can tell you everyone here means well. The teachers want to see you succeed, the principal is amazing, the students are easy to get along with, etc. There are only the basic extracurricular activities, though, due to the meager funding, but other than that, this is a great school to kick off your academic and social career if you actually try.
Small enough that the office staff genuinely cares. Teachers are friendly and engaging. While there is more drive to inspire and push kids, I feel they can be a little to flexible to students.
My experience at Depew High School has been good for the most part. I like the small school environment but I haven't liked the limited opportunities. The only available extra curricular activities available are athletics and FFA. They also do not offer upper level classes so I've been taking concurrent classes through Tulsa Community College. Knowing everyone in the school is nice and the small class sizes are enjoyable. The teachers are great although I cannot say the same thing about our principle. Up until my sophomore year we had wonderful principles who really cared about the well being of the students but in my opinion, our current principle likes to overuse his power in the school.