Depew High School is an above average, public school located in Depew, NY. It has 570 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Depew High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-78 Students
- C+45 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-27 Students
- B26 Students
- B20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Depew High School
- A-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- BWest Seneca West Senior High School
- West Seneca Central School District, NY
- 146 reviews
- BFrontier Senior High School
- Frontier Central School District, NY
- 100 reviews
- B+Akron High School
- Akron Central School District, NY
- 71 reviews
Depew High School Reviews
i have been attending Depew High School since kindergarten, and i would not want to be anywhere else! I believe the education given to us by our teachers is amazing and they put so much time and effort to help us grow. Our athletic programs have helped me survive all the tough times. I participate in sports such as volleyball and cheer. Our coaches put their heart into helping us get better at what we love. We may not always win when it comes to sports, but we sure give it our all. My favorite part of the year would be spirit week. Depew has had the biggest rival in all of WNY against Lancaster for 50 years. The big football game and assembly is something i am so proud to be apart of. Since we are not a huge school, most teachers and students will know each other or be acquainted some how, which makes us all a closer family. I am a Junior now and have 2 more years to complete, but my experience so far has been something i would not change and will remember as the years pass.
Depew High School has a lot of amenities and good teachers. The students however struggle to mature which can cause a difficult learning environment. The schools willingness to adapt to changing learning environments however should be commended, also the possibilities for students to prosper are in place but difficult for most to achieve. In total Depew High School benefits from amazing resources and teachers, yet struggles with it’s learning environment, average student maturity, and ability for all to prosper. In the future I hope Depew High School can fix it’s learning environment, as that change could improve the entire school immensely.
This high school gives great opportunities for students to grow. The teachers are very helpful and not only prepare students for college academically, but also teach life skills and help build successful character. The teachers strive to help each student find success within themselves. The opportunities to excel at Depew High school are abundant.