Denver Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Denver, IA. It has 219 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+45 Students
- A30 Students
- A21 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- A7 Students
- B-7 Students
- NG6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Denver Senior High School
- B+Wapsie Valley High School
- Wapsie Valley Community School District, IA
- 35 reviews
- B+Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School
- Waverly-Shell Rock Community School District, IA
- 91 reviews
- BJanesville Junior/Senior High School
- Janesville Consolidated School District, IA
- 22 reviews
- B-Sumner-Fredericksburg High School
- Sumner Community School District, IA
- 57 reviews
Denver Senior High School Reviews
Denver High School provided me with a safe and fun learning environment. Teachers were always ready to help in any way possible. As a alumni of Denver High School, I am proud to be apart of such a loving community. My academic achievements from Denver High School have allowed me to shine with success following my graduation. I was provided with many opportunities to be involved in sports and organizations throughout the duration of my high school career. I highly recommend Denver High School for anyone looking for great academic success and high involvement with sports and the community.
This school is one of the highest rated schools in academics in the state of Iowa. We had amazing test scores every year and the school did a good job on helping students keep up with their peers. However, the arts in the school has budgeting that is constantly being cut back and there isn't a lot of budgeting available to begin with. There is only one vocal teacher and band teacher for kindergarten through 12th, and two art teachers for kindergarten through 12th. Athletics are a huge part of the school, with athletes usually getting special rights during game day or week.
The only extracurricular activities that Denver Senior High School offers are band, choir and robotics. The band and choir do lots of performances.