- Private, Special Education
- DENVER, CO
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Denver Academy has on-campus, in-person learning for students during the 2020-21 school year while adhering to public health safety requirements and recommendations surrounding COVID-19. DA has a cohort system in place with maximum class sizes of 12 students. We follow the "big five": handwashing, physical distancing, mask-wearing, symptom screening, and a culture of keeping each other safe. Learn More
Students at Denver Academy are bright, diverse learners who choose us because our approach to education is as distinctive as each child. DA’s mission is to inspire and empower diverse learners through student-centered, differentiated and transformative education. Our core values are individual differences, respect & responsibility, community & nurturing relationships and the transformative power of education. Our passion for learning allows students who may not thrive in a traditional setting, including those with dyslexia and ADD/ADHD, to achieve their dreams.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus41 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade A minus22 Students
- grade A minus16 Students
- grade B+14 Students
- grade A13 Students
- grade B minus11 Students
- grade A9 Students
- grade A minus9 Students
- grade B minus8 Students
Our Approach to Teaching and Learning
Denver Academy is designed to be different. Our program has been evolving and developing since 1972, drawing on the best educational practices and research. Our program delivery, teacher development, and training all play a part in making Denver Academy unique. DA principles include Honoring Diverse Learners, Student-Centered Focus, Relationship-based Development and Differentiated Curriculum.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
- Spirit weeks20%
- Home Comming10%
- Spirit Week10%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Denver Academy Reviews
I trust the leadership & teachers. They're educated, experienced, observant, willing to listen, well informed, considerate, & fair, enabling them to make timely (but not hasty) decisions to the benefit of the DA community. Small class size gives them the opportunity to connect with each student, with focus on helping students find, develop, & present their best selves.
I trust the students. Each faces a learning challenge, so no-one is ostracized for this. They accept each other as eclectic & expressive individuals.
I trust the maintenance team. They are on top of things, always willing to help, keeping DA running smoothly & safely.
I trust the system. DA balances helping students find tools & processes to use to improve in their area of challenge with encouraging students to find their bliss & feed their passion in areas in which they thrive. The DA way leads to the development of well-rounded young adults.