Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Denison High School is an above average, public school located in Denison, TX. It has 1,321 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Denison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-202 Students
- B+129 Students
- A+117 Students
- A+114 Students
- B-86 Students
- A83 Students
- A-80 Students
- B+79 Students
- B+69 Students
- A68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Denison High School
- A-Whitewright High School
- Whitewright Independent School District, TX
- 42 reviews
- BS&S Consolidated High School
- S & S Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- BSherman High School
- Sherman Independent School District, TX
- 139 reviews
Denison High School Reviews
Denison High School is filled with helpful, genuine, and loving teachers. There are a variety of classes available to everyone from cosmetology to culinary arts, a little something for everyone. The counselors at DHS all bend over backwards to assure that every student is where they belong and happy in that position. The large cafeteria ensures that everyone has a place to sit, complete with 5 lunch lines. Although the building is huge, it is easy to navigate once you get the hang of it.
The school was brand new when I entered high school. It was cool that my class was one of the first to enter the new school, but there was already problems. First thing you notice is that both sides of the school was identical and there was no lockers. So it was pretty easy getting lost because you thought you were in the right hallway. You also had to carry everything around with you since we were not provided lockers. Lastly about one more of the many problems was that the school accidentally build a underground class. So to fix that, they made it a storm shelter.
I became a student at Denison recently.I had just moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Texas close to the end of my Senior year. Everybody was soo welcoming when I first came in January of 2020. From the student, teachers, office ladies, and the counselors. Just in the first day i felt like I belonged. I really enjoy the atmosphere and vibes Denison has.