Demopolis High School is an above average, public school located in Demopolis, AL. It has 663 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Demopolis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-83 Students
- A77 Students
- A64 Students
- B57 Students
- A41 Students
- B39 Students
- B32 Students
- C26 Students
- B-26 Students
- C21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Demopolis High School
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Demopolis High School Reviews
There's absolutely nothing I would like to see change about DHS! I really like the fact that it is a school that has a great staff that encourages each and every student to strive to be our very best. There's also a helping hand if and when needed to ensure that you're not alone and that you can make it to be the best.
I love the classes and the teacher-student interactions. Participation in class is always a learning experience. I'm never left wondering - my understanding of a certain topic is never left. I also really love our school spirit and social interactions among students. It's very easy to make friends because we're all on the same page. We all have the same goals in mind.
I think Demopolis high school has a great education system. The teachers at this school really care about their students grades and helping to them to become the best they can be. In my time here, I have been helped tremendously on unlocking my full potential & proving to others that I can do and be great things.