Dell Rapids High School is a public school located in Dell Rapids, SD. It has 273 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Dell Rapids High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+39 Students
- B38 Students
- A+14 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
- B9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A8 Students
- B8 Students
- A-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Dell Rapids High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Dell Rapids High School
- BTri-Valley High School
- Tri-Valley School District, SD
- 42 reviews
- B-Garretson High School
- Garretson School District, SD
- 38 reviews
- C+Baltic High School
- Baltic School District, SD
- 15 reviews
- C+Chester High School
- Chester Area School District, SD
- 18 reviews
Dell Rapids High School Reviews
Dell Rapids High School has no difficult classes, virtually no clubs, almost no AP classes, and focuses heavily on athletics. There are no clubs to join if you aren't interested in sports or drama. There is no focus on academics and this school offers NO challenging classes, save for about two or three. This is not a good school for somebody who wants to succeed academically and/or participate in something other than sports. Little to no opportunities here.
I love Dell Rapids because it is small and you know pretty much everything which can be the a bad thing also. I used to go to a big school and I fell through the cracks and was getting lost in the school system, but when I moved I didnt seem to fall through to much. The only thing that I would fix is that it needs more class choose, they only have the basic classes to get you into a college but I would like to have a more advanced class to have a head start on the majors I want to go in. I would also fix the way they have extra curriculars set up. They have sports at the top and it they make it seem like that is their number priority, then comes academics, then other things like choir, band, drama, ect. I would like things to be more evenly spread.
Dell Rapids High School is a wonderful school with extracurriculars for everybody. No matter what your interests are, there is a place for you there.