Delaware Academy High School is a public school located in Delhi, NY. It has 373 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Delaware Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Delaware Academy High School
- B-Unatego Junior/Senior High School
- Otego-Unadilla Central School District, NY
- 16 reviews
- B+Oneonta Senior High School
- Oneonta City School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- CDownsville Central School
- Downsville Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 14 reviews
- B-Walton High School
- Walton Central School District, NY
- 15 reviews
Delaware Academy High School Reviews
This school is alright overall. I strongly dislike the majority of the focus on athletics vs education. I believe sports are important, however education is just as important, maybe even higher. The school gets many technology grants which is great, but I wish they received money, so they didn't have to lay off many teachers. We receive iPads which you would think to be nice and helpful, but in actuality they are useless. I feel bad because it sits at the bottom of my locker, dead and unused. I cannot use them in half my honors classes so there really is no reason to forcing students to have them.
The bullying programs cycle in and out and don't seem to affect change. School security has been increased recently in ways that don't make much sense but due to the sudden prevalence of school shootings nationwide these changes are accepted (despite the extremely low risk of something happening here). With these increases, lockdown drills and drug searches with K9 units happen at least once a year despite the fact that this does not increase school safety and instead takes away from instructional time. The health office and nurse's office seems really great though, and the programs offered are extensive and excellent.
My school is located in rural upstate New York. The teachers and academics are outstanding. I think my teachers prepared me well for what lies ahead. Because we are rural community some of the resources available to us seem slim at times but we have done well with what we have. I wish our community were a little more diverse but location seems to prohibit that.