Delavan-Darien High School is an above average, public school located in Delavan, WI. It has 740 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Delavan-Darien High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+83 Students
- B71 Students
- B+69 Students
- A-35 Students
- B29 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+24 Students
- A-22 Students
- B22 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Delavan-Darien High School
- C+Harvard High School
- Harvard Community Unit School District 50, IL
- 54 reviews
- BNorth Boone High School
- North Boone Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 95 reviews
- BWhitewater High School
- Whitewater Unified School District, WI
- 51 reviews
- BClinton High School
- Clinton Community School District, WI
- 49 reviews
Delavan-Darien High School Reviews
The teachers are very understanding and helpful. There is a lot of cultural diversity and all of the people are wonderful and nice. The only thing wrong or on the downside about the school is that they are not getting enough funding to improve programs, however that is not really in their control so besides that, it is an amazing school
Going into Delavan-Darien High School I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I found was great. The food, while not five star quality, remained very good throughout my four years of attendance. Most of the teachers were very like-able and most students had a friendship with at least one or two teachers. However, the only downside was that the rules kept getting more and more strict. While I understand the need to protect students and maintain order, Installing cameras throughout the school seemed a bit much.
At Delavan Darien High School I had the opportunity to gain many experiences and had a chance to be involved in many clubs. Though out my 4 years at Delavan I was able to be part of the football team and the school FFA. Though both programs I really had a chance to see what this school is about. During football season it was amazing seeing the fans in the stands and the fans all made up by all of your friends and family that you see every day. having the people you are so close to supporting you like that is a feeling that is indescribable. In FFA I got the chance to see that heart of Delavan and the hard-working people in this community. Coming from Chicago I never had a chance to see what farming is all about. and what I got to see and experience in that program is something I will never forget and I will always cherish. None of these experiences would not have been possible if it were not for the people and the community of Delavan.