Del Rio High School is a public school located in Del Rio, TX. It has 2,181 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
100 Memorial Dr
Del Rio, TX 78840
Del Rio High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+265 Students
- B250 Students
- B+216 Students
- A+208 Students
- B-194 Students
- A-160 Students
- C+140 Students
- A87 Students
- B83 Students
- B77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Del Rio High School Reviews
Teachers dont teach class very well. Its a very unsafe school. 0 diversity. Hardly any college readiness. School is poorly managed. Administration is horrible. Mold and Asbestos everywhere! Roach and rat problem. When it rains it floods and ceiling pieces fall on the floor. Electrical problems. There were terrorist threats and electrical fires. Security sucks. Overall this school district is trash money is spent on useless things and DRHS IS A HELL HOLE.
Del Rio High School (DRHS) is a school that really cares about students’ attendance. The principal works with students to keep them motivated to attend school. That’s one thing that is good about DRHS. However, it could do a lot to improve its education. DRHS offers classes but they are limited to certain periods. This static form of scheduling classes does not allow for students to take the classes they desire, leaving them with “filler” classes that may be boring and pointless. Additionally, the restrooms at DRHS are outdated and dirty. They should be remodeled to be more modern and kept more sanitary.
Del Rio High School is unique in the fact that there are so many opportunities for kids to get ahead before graduating high school. Del Rio High School has programs where if students get take a course they can have an opportunity to get certified for specific jobs, such as: Aircraft maintenance, Certified Nursing Assistant, EMT, & Electrician. This is just a few of the career programs that Del Rio High School has to offer, for instance: welding, engineering, pharmacy, and construction are courses students can take all through high school. To prepare them to move on to these specific careers upon graduation. Del Rio High School has classes that students can take that will be college credit also. For incoming freshman there is an opportunity for them to be placed in a program called, Early College High School. Students that get in this program will graduate high school with an Associates Degree, putting them way ahead of the game and saving a ton of money.