Del Norte High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-152 Students
- A122 Students
- A+120 Students
- A117 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+77 Students
- A74 Students
- A+70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Del Norte High School Reviews
Review Del Norte High School
There is admirable inclusiveness within the students on campus. The teachers are willing to do as much as they can to help the students succeed, even if that means staying in at lunch or after school. The school provides many other ways for students to get help with after school tutorial times to further ask your teachers questions and offer peer tutoring aid. The students are encouraged to discover their strengths and weaknesses on their own and learn how to get the academic help they need by themselves, in preparation for college and the future. There are numerous ways to stay connected with others through means of extracurricular activities, such as clubs, sports, drama and choir. The school classrooms are not huge, leading to more one-on-one time with students and teachers. The library contains books, computers, printers, and study rooms which you can reserve for group projects or a quiet work space.
My experience at Del Norte was unreal; my whole work ethic changed because of this school. I lived in Kentucky for middle school and moved to California for high school. The culture at Del Norte integrated not only academics but also sports and community service. The atmosphere of this school pushed me to work even harder and maintain a well- rounded lifestyle. The faculty encouraged us to work hard and concentrate on learning the material rather than focus on the grade. With their encouragement, I was able to balance sports, school, and other volunteering projects.
Overall, Del Norte High School is a very safe, welcoming, and encouraging school. The student's overall wellbeing and success are the top priorities for the school. Overall the students are kind and respectful and the teachers are very compassionate and knowledgeable. Bullying was almost unheard of and the policy that was broken the most by students was academic honesty. The students are very academically driven but are also involved in the many clubs and organizations offered at the school. The school is very supportive and is a fantastic foundation and preparation for college.