Del Norte High School is a public school located in Crescent City, CA. It has 878 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Del Norte High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-105 Students
- A82 Students
- C80 Students
- B75 Students
- A+58 Students
- C+50 Students
- A-48 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-39 Students
- B+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Del Norte High School Reviews
It's an average school, could provide better food, and more interaction between teachers on understanding the subject being taught. Cleanliness is not prioritized to what it could. We need more experienced teachers who have a good technique of teaching, or at well prepared for the school year. Safety could be improved.
Lunch food! Definitely one of the low lights of high school. Our food was okay but some foods needed some flavor because most of the food there is flavorless. Not everything was bad. I did get homecoming princess my freshman year and that was such an uplifting, amazing year for me. Not only did I get it freshman year, but I also got it my junior year of high school. I did cheerleading and that was such an awesome experience. What makes my school unique is that even though it is a small school, our basketball team is really good and I think that's really spectacular. I wouldn't change to go to any other school, because my schools size is great and the people there are nice and great as well.
Del Norte Highschool has been an average school for me . The people there are very generous and I haven’t seen any signs of bullying so far, but the teachers could be better. I believe some teachers at Del Norte High don’t teach as well as they could or should.