DeKalb High School is a public school located in Waterloo, IN. It has 1,170 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
DeKalb High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A145 Students
- B-127 Students
- B+109 Students
- A+99 Students
- B65 Students
- A-52 Students
- B49 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like DeKalb High School
- BLeo Junior/Senior High School
- East Allen County Schools, IN
- 259 reviews
- C+Angola High School
- Metropolitan School District of Steuben County, IN
- 105 reviews
- BEast Noble High School
- East Noble School Corporation, IN
- 156 reviews
- B-Edgerton High School
- Edgerton Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
DeKalb High School Reviews
I am now a senior at dekalb high school and I have thoroughly enjoyed my four years at this school. The administration is wonderful and involved with the students. The staff truly cares about their students. They never fail to show us that we are important to them. I am proud to be apart of multiple clubs here at Dekalb including, Leo club, art league, and national honors society. Our schools involvement with the community has been a perfect example to the students, showing us what it means to pay it forward. One thing that I would change about Dekalb is the diversity. We don't thrive in our diversity.
My experience with DeKalb High School has been wonderful, and seems to be flying by. There is great teachers, helpful staff, and smart students. Over the years, I have observed both my own classmates and myself grow as people both physically, emotionally, and socially. There are many aspects of my school I can say I am proud of.
DeKalb High school is an overall average place. Our sports teams are average. Our academics overall are average; however, our AP classes are very good. Our administration though is not amazing. Our head administrator has no school spirit and is a detriment to extracurricular activities. He is so overly focused on his precious New Tech program to care about anything else. Our assistant administrators are impeccable, they care about our school and show up to support students.