DeKalb High School is an above average, public school located in Dekalb, TX. It has 230 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
DeKalb High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- C+31 Students
- B21 Students
- A+21 Students
- B-15 Students
- A12 Students
- B+12 Students
- B12 Students
- B11 Students
- A11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
DeKalb High School Reviews
My school has good qualified trained and experienced teachers that provide you with the best education possible. I believe De Kalb High School is a wonderful school in East Texas. We are a small 3A school with different ethnicities, but we come together as a family. We also have a magnificent athletics program we’re are coaches want us to strive to do better.
My personal favorite extracurricular activities and clubs would have to be; FFA, Theater Arts, Ag Mechanics Ag Architectural Design, Welding and 4-H. These clubs and activities are supported highly from the schools administrators and parents of the community. These clubs teachers and advisors are highly committed to teaching and inspiring the students to achieve highly.
The school I currently attend is a wonderful place I have many great moments in it, from Ag shop and FFA events, to school functions such as prep rallies. These very events showed me the authenticity of this school, it showed me that to me it was more of a home and the students and staff family. If I could go back and start over I would in a heart beat. I would repeat the very experiences I have had through my current and present moments in this school.